Where can I buy Whoa Momma?
Here & now online direct to your door- coming to retail stores near you soon. Join the newsletter or receive text to be the first to know when a product hits your local stores!
What is Whoa Momma Gelato?
Whoa Momma is the only High-Protein Gelato with Omega 3 for muscle recovery & brain power.
- Omega 3 DHA+EPA sourced from Algae+Flax for better absorption than your average fish-oil supplement! Our gelato also has a Unique Blend of 3 high-quality Complete-Protein sources (Whey/Casein/Egg) to provide all 9 Essential Amino Acids & utilize both quick & prolonged absorption for peak muscle recovery!
Whoa Momma’s goal is to serve others by creating amazing products that contribute positively to your physical & mental health no matter your age or activity level.
Who are the founders of Whoa Momma?
Whoa Momma was founded by Tyler Nigro & Tom Thornton. Tom, a former Division One athlete & Body-Builder, teamed up with Tyler, a Registered Dietitian & Private Chef, to create an incredible Super-Food-Gelato that is incredibly nutritious & tastes great.
Is there Fish Oil in Whoa Momma?
No! Our Omega-3 fatty acids are sourced from Algae & Flaxseed.
Is Whoa Momma Vegetarian?
Whoa Momma Gelato is Lacto-ovo vegetarian- meaning it contains Dairy & Eggs.
Why Omega 3?
Evidence based research supports the following potential benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids:
- Promote Brain Health: Omega is a polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) that has an essential impact on cognitive performance at all stages of life. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) are essential for brain functions. DHA, the dominant omega-3 in the brain, accounts for 40% of the PUFAs in the brain and impacts neurotransmitters and functions of the brain.
- Decreased Inflammation: Omega-3s have proven beneficial in the treatment of many conditions, including but not limited to, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease and psoriasis.
- Skin Health: Omega-3s may effectively reduce the premature aging of skin, regulate oil production, contribute to proper hydration of skin, & reduce the risk of acne!
- Improve signs & symptoms of depression & anxiety: Research indicates that individuals who consume adequate amounts of omega-3s are less likely to experience depression.
- Alleviate Menstrual Pain: Studies have repeatedly concluded that women who consume high amounts of omega-3s experience milder menstrual pain.
- Gut Health: Interestingly, research has shown that Omega-3 can reduce inflammation & pain in the gut, & individuals who have a higher consumption of Omega-3s may lower their risk of colon cancer by up to a 55%.
- Heart Health: Cardiac Death (i.e., Heart Attack & Stroke) may be significantly reduced with adequate consumption of Omega-3s. This is due to the major decrease in blood pressure & triglycerides which helps prevent blood clots and slows the development of plaque in arteries.
- Support Eye Health: Omega-3s play a vital role in the structural component (60%) of the retina & is linked to decreased risk of macular degeneration.
- Pregnancy: Supplementation of Omega-3s during pregnancy is associated with a multitude of benefits for a growing fetus, including: Higher intelligence, stronger communication & social skills, fewer behavioral problems, decreased risk of developmental delay, reduced risk of ADHD, autism & cerebral palsy!
- Early Childhood: Ensuring adequate consumption of Omega-3s during the first year of life is linked to a reduced risk of many autoimmune diseases, including type 1 diabetes & multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Adulthood: Studies have shown that calcium supplementation may increase the acquisition of bone mass during adolescence, early adulthood and until the third decade of life. Current research has linked higher Omega-3 consumption to decreases in age-related cognitive decline & a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Patients taking omega-3 supplements have reported reductions in joint pain and increased grip strength.
- Obesity: Omega-3 fatty acids can improve insulin resistance, inflammation and heart disease risk factors in individuals with metabolic syndrome. Omega-3 fatty acids may effectively contribute to the reduction of liver fat and inflammation in people with NAFLD.
- Build & Repair: Protein plays a critical role in the health of the musculoskeletal system (i.e., bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and skin). Your hair and nails are also composed mostly of protein. Protein is vital for the repair of damaged tissue & muscle & makes up the bulk of your tendons and ligaments. Protein from your diet allows your body to produce new collagen and elastin to help keep your tendons and ligaments strong.
- Muscle Gain: Protein is essential for adequate recovery after exercise and/or injury. Protein is also important in reducing muscle loss & building lean muscle.
- Reduce Appetite: Protein helps curb hunger as protein makes us feel “full” longer due to its extended digestion time & reduces your level of the hunger hormone ghrelin.
- Weight Loss: High protein intake has been shown to significantly boost metabolism and increase the number of calories you burn. This can amount to 80–100 more calories burned each day. Increasing protein intake from 15% to 30% of calories made overweight women eat 441 fewer calories each day without intentionally restricting anything. One study in overweight men showed that increasing protein to 25% of calories reduced cravings by 60% and the desire to snack at night by half.
- Gut Health: About half the dietary protein that you consume each day goes into making enzymes, which aids in digesting food, and making new cells and body chemicals.
- Hormonal Regulation: Protein plays an important role in hormone regulation, especially during the transformation and development of cells during puberty.
- Heat Health: Studies have shown a High-Protein diet reduced LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides & in another review of 40 controlled trials, increased protein lowered blood pressure.
- Bone Health: People who eat more protein tend to maintain bone mass better as they age and have a much lower risk of osteoporosis and fractures. This is especially important for women, who are at high risk of osteoporosis after menopause.
What kind of Protein/is Whoa Momma a source of complete protein?
Yes Whoa Momma contains a unique blend of 3 complete proteins, Whey, Casein, & naturally occurring protein from Egg-Whites. Our Peanut Butter-Chocolate flavor packs an additional punch of protein from Peanuts!
Antioxidants are substances that can prevent or slow damage to cells caused by free radicals, unstable molecules that the body produces as a reaction to environmental and other pressures.
Sometimes, when foods are cooked, the naturally occurring antioxidants can be reduced or altered; which is why we decided to add them to our Frozen Gelato!
- These antioxidants can help fight against Chronic Disease, Illness, & Cognitive Decline caused by oxidative stress that antioxidants protect against.
- Whoa Momma Gelato contains the antioxidants Vitamin A, Vitamin E, & Selenium.
- Vitamin A is important for normal vision, the immune system, reproduction, and growth and development.
- Vitamin E is important to vision, reproduction, and the health of your blood, brain and skin.
- Selenium acts as a powerful antioxidant that studies have found to reduce risk of certain cancers, protect against heart disease, help prevent mental decline, support thyroid health, boosts the immune system, & help reduce asthma symptoms.
Why is your product not Low Calorie or Keto?
Simply put, at Whoa Momma, we aim to fuel the human body with complete and balanced energy by providing high quality Protein & Omega-3 Fatty Acids — a secret weapon for optimal performance.
Conversely, Low Calorie & Keto foods are intended to fill you up without providing significant Energy or Muscle Building Benefits. This is the opposite of the Whoa Momma way. Both Protein & Omega-3 healthy fats contain 4 calories & 9 calories per gram respectively-we do not aim to be “Low Calorie” in any sense.
Further, the specific amount of Carbohydrates in each serving is specially designed to help fuel activity & shuttle all of the protein & nutrients in Whoa Momma directly to muscle and areas of need in the body. The calories provided in addition to the protein & health fats via carbohydrates aids in restoring Muscle-Glycogen levels, which are the special energy-stores in your muscles that become depleted after exercise, while carbohydrates remain the primary source of fuel for an High-Intensity Exercise or Sport.
What is your return policy?
We understand mistakes sometimes happen and shipping errors may occur with direct shipment of our frozen Gelato- if you are not 100% satisfied with the product received, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.